SAN FRANCISCO — PlanGrid, a construction software provider for the field, recently unveiled Field Reports, bringing the power to create real-time, customized reports of any variety in PlanGrid — daily reports, inspection requests, safety checklists, hazard analysis and much more to increase productivity on the jobsite.
Filling out forms directly from mobile devices means workers no longer have to waste time at the end of the day becoming "paper-pushers", states a PlanGrid release issued May 30. PlanGrid allows workers to copy reports from previous days, eliminating the task of manually entering repetitive information. The product is currently available on the web and iOS with Android and Windows expected to be released in the upcoming months.
Key attributes of Field Reports include:
• Custom PDFs: Field Reports can be used with any custom PDF forms;
• Smarter sheets: provide PDFs with fillable fields such as text inputs, drop-downs, and checkboxes to quickly complete daily reports;
• Offline: Field Reports can be filled out directly from PlanGrid’s iOS app in the field—even when customers are offline;
• Photos: attach photo references to Field Reports quickly and seamlessly;
• Exports: preview and email Field Reports directly from any iOS device, including all references;
• Copy from last reports: save time from repetitive entry by selecting the "copy from last report" feature that allows construction workers to edit, as needed;
• Siri: customers can maximize Siri’s speech recognition to complete Field Reports by simply speaking into their device when connected to the Internet;
• Control: Field Reports can be configured so that only specific team members have access to sensitive information;
• Transparency: the Field Reports date is tracked independently from its submission date, so users have full transparency on documentation. Field Reports can also be backdated;
• As-builts: push button as-builts allow customers to gather all their submitted Field Reports and other project data at once;
• Daily summaries: Field Reports provide users daily summary emails that highlight new submissions and immediate notifications for new report assignments.