OTTAWA — The Canadian Institute of Planners, the Canadian Society of Landscape Architects, Engineers Canada and the Royal Architectural Institute of Canada have announced they have signed an agreement to undertake cross promotion and sharing of resources.
- A recent release said the understanding between the associations will include:
- hosting speakers from other associations and inviting staff and board members to attend conferences held by each of the associations;
- inviting members from other associations to participate in committees;
- collaborating on advocacy initiatives involving the promotion of professions, such as considering adopting each other’s position papers on briefs and contributing to research;
- holding regular meetings between top executives and relevant staff to discuss potential areas of collaboration as well as considering planning a summit of top executives every two years; and
- ensuring communications are shared.
The statement said, “This letter of understanding will ensure that their relationship continues and strengthens, as they explore more and enhanced opportunities for exchange and collaboration particularly in responding to today’s pressing issues.”