Skip to Content
View site list

Profile

Tenders

Tenders

Click here for free access to Canadian public sector construction bids & RFPs
Government

BREAKING: ‘Most construction can continue’ as Ontario moves Toronto, Peel Region into lockdown

The Canadian Press
BREAKING: ‘Most construction can continue’ as Ontario moves Toronto, Peel Region into lockdown

TORONTO — Ontario is moving the COVID-19 hot spots of Toronto and Peel Region into lock down starting Monday.

Schools and child care centres will remain open and according to Health Minister Christine Elliott “most construction can continue” though no further details were released as of press time Friday afternoon.

Premier Doug Ford said earlier this week that new restrictions were needed to help preserve hospital capacity and protect residents of long-term care homes.

The stricter measures come as Ontario reports 1,418 new cases of COVID-19 today (Friday), along with eight new deaths related to the virus.

The government said there were 400 new cases in Peel Region, 393 in Toronto and 168 in York Region.

The latest figures have pushed the province over the 100,000 case mark, for a total of 100,790 infections.

Elliott also said manufacturing and supply chains can continue to operate. 

“These measures are being put into place to prioritize the essential services we rely on,” she added.

Recent Comments (1 comments)

Your comment will appear after review by the site.

Colin Image Colin

Just keep construction open. If you close that down, the economy will suffer greatly. We kept our building industry going down here in Queensland and it had a huge positive impact on the local industries.
Being able to go about your work has an amazing impact on your mental health. Plus we diminishes some construction ahead of schedules.

More

You might also like