TORONTO — Ontario Premier Doug Ford today announced an extension of the province’s Stay-at-Home Order until at least June 2. All public health and workplace safety measures under the provincewide emergency brake will also remain in effect.
The government confirmed that the extensions mean workplace restrictions imposed in April including those permitting only prescribed essential construction projects will remain in effect.
“While we are seeing positive trends as a result of the public health measures put in place, we cannot afford to let up yet,” said Ford. “We must stay vigilant to ensure our ICU numbers stay down and our hospital capacity is protected. If we stay the course for the next two weeks, and continue vaccinating record number of Ontarians every day, we can begin looking forward to July and August and having the summer that everyone deserves.”
The provincewide Stay-at-Home Order had been set to expire on May 19. The government said the impacts of restrictions will continue to be evaluated over the coming weeks, with consideration being made to the reopening of outdoor recreational amenities on June 2, subject to current trends continuing.