TORONTO — A worker suffered an electric shock while performing maintenance on an overhead exit light fixture has died.
The incident occurred June 25 at a condo building in downtown Toronto. The worker was taken to hospital but succumbed to his injuries on June 28, reports the Ministry of Labour (MOL).
The employer is Nord Electric Inc. Reports indicate the 18-year-old male from Mississauga, Ont. was an apprentice.
The MOL issued two requirements on June 26 which were complied with. On July 3, Ministry inspectors attended the workplace and issued one requirement. The investigation is ongoing.