Curtain wall installation progresses on the second building of the Waterfront Innovation Centre office and retail development on Queens Quay East in Toronto.
Waterfront Toronto is the developer and the owner is Menkes Development Ltd. in partnership with Alcion Ventures.
EllisDon is the construction manager and the project will include two buildings with three distinct but interconnected components, The Exchange, The Hive, and The Nexus, a space that will serve as a public square and directly connect the two buildings.
The project has been designed to achieve LEED Gold (v4) certification and the architect is Sweeny&Co Architects.
Consultants are: Stephenson Engineering Ltd. (structural), The Mitchell Partnership (TMP) (mechanical/electrical), and WSP (geotechnical).
- GFL Environmental (excavation);
- Verdi Alliance (concrete formwork);
- Harris (concrete reinforcing);
- Paul & Douglas Automatic Sprinkler (fire protection);
- VR Mechanical Solutions Inc. (HVAC/mechanical/plumbing); and
- Urban Electrical Contractors Ltd.