Arthur Meighan Building Rehabilitation
- Tender # 17190
- Publication Date:
- Municipal Offices
- Toronto, ON
- Bid Date:
Advanced Procurement Notice
Project – Arthur Meighan Building Rehabilitation – Project #17190
Project Address: 25/55 St. Clair Ave East
Bid Period: March 2019
Estimated Tender Values:
Excavation and Backfill: $1,000,000
Concrete Formwork: $1,500,000
Concrete Reinforcement $1,000,000
Concrete Place and Finish: $2,000,000
Concrete Cutting :$700,000
Structural Steel – $2,000,000
Misc. Metals: $2,100,000
Decorative Metals: 1,100,000
Wood Doors and Frames: $1,300,000
Foundation Waterproofing: $300,000
Building Insulations: $500,000
Applied Sealants: $350,000
Hollow Metal Door/Frame + Hardware Supply: $2,500,000
Overhead Coiling Doors: $100,000
Interior Glass & Glazing: $1,500,000
Drywall & Acoustics: $4,000,000
Tile and Terrazzo: $1,500,000
Painting and Coatings $1,500,000
WR Partitions and Accessories: $250,000
Misc. Specialties: $300,000
Window Coverings: $450,000
Noise & Vibration Control: $150,000
Fire Protection: $3,000,000
Mechanical/Electrical – $30,000,000
Urbacon Buildings Group Inc. has been retained as Construction Managers by BGIS for development of the Arthur Meighen Building Rehabilitation (AMBR) Project located 25/55 St Clair Ave East Toronto. Urbacon is issuing this Advanced Procurement Notice to solicit Subcontractor interest in the project and provide opportunity for Subcontractors to pursue the necessary clearances.
Please review the enclosed information and provide confirmation of you firm’s intent to Bid. Please direct all confirmations or inquiry’s to AMBR@urbacon.net
- 10 Storey Complex (46,000 square meters)
- Complete Replacement of Existing Building Interior/Exterior and all Mechanical and Electrical Systems.
- Estimated Project Value $187M
DESIGNATED ORGANIZATION SCREENING (DOS)
- All Subcontractors are required, at minimum, to have applied for a valid DESIGNATED ORGANIZATION SCREENING (DOS) certification number issued or approved by Canadian Industrial Security Directorate (CISD), Public Works and Government Services Canada (PWGSC). Any Subcontractors that currently hold a valid DOS certification, may forward proof of their certification to Urbacon. All Subcontractors shall provide proof of their DOS Certification Number or DOS application to Urbacon prior to release of Bid Documents. See Below for Estimated Tender Schedule. At time of bid submission, all Trades must hold and provide proof of their DOS Ceritification. Please be advised that the proposed Tender Period will not be extended to allow a Subcontractors to obtain the required DOS clearance.
RELIABILITY CLEARANCE CERTIFICATION
- All Subcontractors working or requiring access to the project site are required to hold a valid RELIABILITY CLEARANCE CERTIFICATION. Please note that (DOS) Screening is a prerequisite for a Subcontractor to endorse an employee for Reliability Status. It is highly recommended that all Subcontractors pursue Reliability Status for employees immediately upon receipt of their DOS Certification Number. Bid Submissions accompanied by a list of Staff with Reliability Status will be looked upon favorably.
- See Below for bonding requirements.
- All Subcontractors must submit a CCDC11 – Contractor’s qualification statement. This CCDC11 shall be submitted with each contractor’s confirmation of intent to bid and include minimum of (3) renovation projects completed with the last (5) years comparable in value and scope.
- All Subcontractor Bid Submissions are required to be accompanied by a (10%) Bid Bond.
Performance Bond & Labour/Material Payment Bond
- All Bid Submission are required to be accompanied by an Agreement to Bond/Surety’s Consent for a 50% Performance Bond and a 50% Labour and Material Payment Bond.
ESTIMATED TENDER SCHEUDLE
- DRAWINGS ISSUED FOR TENDER – JANUARY 2019
- TENDER CLOSING(S) – MARCH 2019
If you have any questions regarding this bid submission or above documents
Please contact The AMBR project team via email AMBR@ URBACON.NET or visit www.merx.com and search Arthur Meighen for Drawings and associated documents.
This is a Notice, not a Bid request. Urbacon Buildings Group Inc., as Construction Manager and in support of BGIS (Owner), invites interested contractors to confirm Security Clearance and bonding requirements below to subsequently be added to the Bid Invite List.