Bridges Substructure & Concrete Work for Port Lands Flood Protection Project
- Publication Date:
- Bid Date:
REQUEST FOR PREQUALIFICATIONS
PACKAGE #55 BRIDGES SUBSTRUCTURE & CONCRETE WORK for PORT LANDS FLOOD PROTECTION PROJECT
in the CITY OF TORONTO
Date of Issue: Thursday, December 27, 2018
Closing date and time: Monday, January 14, 2019 at 2:00 pm
EllisDon Corporation is the Construction Manager for the Toronto Waterfront Revitalization Corporation (TWRC) Cherry Street Storm Water and Lake Filling Project (CSLF) and Port Lands Flood Protection Project (PLFP). EllisDon invites eligible companies, firms or joint ventures to submit qualifications in providing the substructure and concrete works for up to four new bridges for construction of the PLFP project, located in the city of Toronto:
- Supply and install concrete bridge abutments and piers, including all formwork, concrete, reinforcing steel, and drainage system;
- Supply and install concrete approach slabs, including expansion joints, all formwork, concrete, and reinforcing steel;
- Supply and install cast-in-place concrete deck for the bridges’ roadways and concrete paving for the cantilevered pedestrian sidewalks, including expansion joints, all formwork, concrete, and reinforcing steel;
- Supply and install waterproofing for the concrete roadways and sidewalks;
- Provide architecturally exposed concrete finish, special finishes, and protection paints, where required;
- Prepare as-built drawings;
- Perform general site preparation works including pile trimming and excavation/backfill/compaction around piles and approach slabs, as necessary; and
- Coordination with other contractor, as required.
The contractor must supply the required equipment and personnel (with similar previous experience) to be able to deliver the scope of work within the required timeframes and specifications.
Where the anticipated contract value is greater than $250,000 the proponent will be required to enroll in EllisDon’s corporate Subcontractor Default Insurance Program, or have the ability to bond with an established surety company.
Interested parties with a minimum of five (5) years of experience shall submit their interest to the following address in order to receive the RFQ documentation.
Email to: email@example.com, to the attention of Edward Moore.
Subject: RFQ Package #55 Bridges Substructure & Concrete Work – “name of your company”
EllisDon reserves the right to disqualify interested parties based on review of the documents requested in the RFQ documentation.
It is expected that approximately three (3) or more proponents will be qualified.