Waste Water Treatment Plant Phase I Upgrades
- Tender # ENG-A-16-5-01 (2)R
- Publication Date:
- Sault Ste. Marie, ON
- Bid Date:
CC Reference: 3417422
REQUEST FOR CONTRACTOR PREQUALIFICATIONS
Sault Ste. Marie West End Waste Water Treatment Plant Phase I Upgrades
RFQ Number: ENG-A-16-5-01 (2)R
The Corporation of the City of Sault Ste. Marie is Seeking Bids for Contractor Prequalifications for the Sault Ste. Marie West End Wastewater Treatment Plant (WWTP) Phase I Upgrades
Interested General Contractors who have expertise and experience in the construction of wastewater treatment plants, civil works, electrical, and mechanical upgrades are invited to submit Pre-Qualification Requests for the West End WWTP Phase I Upgrades.
The work includes:
- Removal of various process equipment throughout the plant;
- Installation of preselected process equipment;
- Building a new septage unloading station;
- Building a new headworks building;
- Upgrades to the existing sludge dewatering building;
- Upgrades to mechanical equipment, including replacement of air handling units, ducting, adding new odour removal fans and stacks;
- Upgrades and repairs to various structural, architectural and electrical components of existing facilities;
- Installation of two new walk-in backup generators;
- Constructing an above grade glass lined steel tank on a circular concrete base with all required ancillary equipment;
- Various road, fencing, and site civil works; and
- Coordination of the upgrades with the operators to maintain full operations at the plant.
The construction estimate for this upgrade is in the range of $25M to $30M CAD.
Bid package to be obtained electronically from AECOM CANADA LTD.
Muhannad Bagajati, P.Eng.
Water/Wastewater Project Manager
The submission Deadline is 2:00 p.m. local time on Tuesday, October 22, 2019.
Sealed bids must be submitted before the submission Deadline to:
The Corporation of the City of Sault Ste. Marie
Engineering Division, 5th Floor
99 Foster Drive
Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario Canada P6A 5X6
Attention: Catherine Taddo, P.Eng.
Prequalified contractors will be notified within 60 days of submittal deadline.