Waste Water Treatment Plant Upgrades
- Publication Date:
- Sault Ste. Marie, ON
- Bid Date:
REQUEST FOR CONTRACTOR PREQUALIFICATIONS
Sault Ste. Marie West End Waste Water Treatment Plant Phase I Upgrades
The Corporation of the City of Sault Ste. Marie is Seeking Bids for Contractor Prequalifications for the Sault Ste. Marie West End Wastewater Treatment Plant (WWTP) Phase I Upgrades.
Interested General Contractors who have expertise and experience in the construction of wastewater treatment plants, civil works, electrical, and mechanical upgrades are invited to submit Pre-Qualification Requests for the West End WWTP Phase I Upgrades.
The work includes:
- Removal of various process equipment throughout the plant;
- Installation of preselected process equipment;
- Building a new septage unloading station;
- Building a new Headworks building;
- Upgrades to the existing sludge dewatering building;
- Upgrades to mechanical equipment, including replacement of air handling units, ducting, adding new odour removal fans and stacks;
- Upgrades and repairs to various structural, architectural and electrical components of existing facilities;
- Installation of two new walk-in backup generators;
- Various road, fencing, and site civil works; and
- Coordination of the upgrades with the operators to maintain full operations at the plant.
The construction estimate for this upgrade is in the range of $25M to $30M CAD.
Contractors should be aware that the City of Sault Ste Marie is bound by collective agreements with Local 1036 of the Labourers’ International Union of North America and with Local 446 of the United Brotherhood of Carpenters and Joiners of America, which require the use of Contractors who are in contractual relations with these Unions.
Bid package to be obtained electronically from AECOM CANADA LTD.
Muhannad Bagajati, P.Eng.
Water/Wastewater Project Manager
The submission deadline is before 2:00:00 p.m. local time on Monday February 25, 2019.
Sealed bids must be submitted before the submission deadline to:
AECOM CANADA LIMITED
523 Wellington Street East
Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario Canada P6A 2M4
Attention: Muhannad Bagajati, P.Eng.
Prequalified contractors will be notified within 60 days of submittal deadline.