MILWUAKEE – An overwhelming majority of Conexpo-Con/Agg exhibitors have confirmed their participation to this week’s show in Las Vegas, report show organizers.
“With all the news about COVID-19 and the speculation regarding Conexpo-Con/Agg & IFPE, I want to provide an update on planning, including commitments and cancellations. Here is where we stand,” said AEM President Dennis Slater.
- Travel restrictions related to international travel and corporate policies have impacted some companies that planned to exhibit at the show.
- The CONEXPO-CON/AGG cancellations that we’ve received represent 44,950 square feet out of 2.7 million net sq. ft. of exhibit space, which represents about 1.7 percent of the total space. We’ve re-sold 15,000 square feet of this cancelled space.
- Customer cancellations are focused on international registrants and some big U.S. corporate customers placing travel restrictions.
- Total registrations as of March 5 are over 120,000.
- For IFPE, the event has been harder hit by cancellations due to the large international exhibitor presence and corporate travel policies.
- The IFPE cancellations that we’ve received represent 34,680 square feet, which represents about 20 per cent of the show floor. We’ve re-sold 3,300 square feet of this cancelled space.
“Even if the cancellations total 10,000, which they don’t to date, we have a huge audience of customers coming to the show,” added an AEM statement.
Since announcing its decision to withdraw from Conexpo-Con/Agg 2020 due to the coronavirus, Volvo CE has been working very closely with its partners at AEM to determine the best path forward, the company reports.
“At this point in preparations it would not be possible for Volvo CE to remove the equipment and dismantle the booth before the show begins, reads a Volvo statement. “Instead, a small number of locally hired independent staff will remain on the site for the duration of the show. The booth will be ready for show opening on Tuesday March 10.”
The tradeshow runs from March 10-14. More information about the precautions show organizers are taking can be found here https://www.conexpoconagg.com/visit/covid-19-update/.