Skip to Content
View site list


Pre-Bid Projects

Pre-Bid Projects

Click here to see Canada’s most comprehensive listing of projects in conceptual and planning stages


Construction begins on $25.5 million Prohibition Creek access road

DCN-JOC News Services
Construction begins on $25.5 million Prohibition Creek access road

NORMAN WELLS, N.W.T. — Construction on the Prohibition Creek access road has officially begun, according to a news release from the Government of Canada.

The federal government will fund 75 per cent of the $25.5 million project with the Government of the Northwest Territories covering the remaining 25 per cent.

Construction is expected to be finished in 12 months, the release states.

HRN Contracting Ltd., located in the Town of Normal Wells, received the contract to build 6.7 kilometres of all-season road between Canyon Creek and Christina Creek along the existing Mackenzie Valley Winter Road alignment and the proposed all-season Mackenzie Valley Highway between Wrigley and Norman Wells.

“The construction of reliable, year-round transportation infrastructure in the North creates employment, training and business opportunities while also increasing access for traditional harvesting and recreational activities,” said MP of the Northwest Territories Michael McLeod in the release.

Recent Comments

comments for this post are closed

You might also like