VICTORIA—The Government of British Columbia is moving to enhance the Site C Project Assurance Board by increasing its independence and level of expertise.
The changes follow the recommendations of the independent Site C review completed by Peter Milburn, which includes 17 recommendations to improve the management and oversight of the Site C project.
The 10 members of the Site C Project Assurance Board are:
- Mitchell Gropper, independent chair
- Fred Cummings, independent external adviser
- Joseph Ehasz, independent external adviser
- Amanda Farrell, independent external adviser
- Daryl Fields, director, BC Hydro
- Doug Foster, assistant deputy minister, Ministry of Finance
- Les MacLaren, assistant deputy minister, Ministry of Energy, Mines and Low Carbon Innovation
- Cathy McLay, independent external adviser
- Catherine Roome, director, BC Hydro
- Lorne Sivertson, independent external advisere
The majority of members are independent external advisers with expertise in capital project construction and management, delivery of major civil projects, commercial negotiations, construction-related claims settlement and other areas, a government statement said.