BURNABY, B.C. – Major improvement work for the Brentwood Town Centre SkyTrain Station is set to begin this month. Officials stated the upgrades will improve the station’s accessibility, capacity and customer flow.
“Once complete, the station will better integrate with surrounding bus service, Brentwood Mall, and nearby residential buildings,” said the province in a release.
The $32 million project is expected to wrap in 2024. Crews will do the following upgrades:
- A new elevator at the street-level of the station’s southern entrance
- An expanded mezzanine with more fare gates and customer space
- Two new escalators
- Replaced staircases with enclosed glass to provide protection from the weather
- Additional real-time passenger information displays
- Improved lighting
- A new public art installation
As part of the project’s safety plan, the southern entrance of the Millennium Line station will close for approximately one year.
The northern entrance of the station will remain open, and customers will be able to access SkyTrain service throughout the duration of construction.
Bus stops near the station will be relocated to ensure safety of customers. Bus Bays 4 and 5 which serve Routes 25,123, and N9 will be relocated to the west side of Willingdon Avenue.