VICTORIA – Three bid teams have been invited to participate in the next phase of procurement for the George Massey Tunnel replacement project.
The teams, who were invited to submit proposals for the competitive selection process to enter into a design early works agreement with the province are:
Cross Fraser Partnership
- Bouygues Construction Canada Inc.
- Fomento de Construcciones y Contratas Canada Ltd.
- Pomerleau BC Inc.
- Arcadis Canada Inc.
- Boskalis Canada Dredging and Marine Services Ltd.
- Daewoo Engineering and Construction Co., Ltd.
- GS Engineering and Construction Corp.
- Hatch Ltd.
- Ramboll A/S
Fraser River Tunnel Constructors
- Acciona Infrastructure Canada Inc.
- Aecon Constructions, a division of Aecon Construction Group Inc.
- Flatiron Constructors Canada Limited
- Strukton Immersion Projects B.V.
- AECOM Canada Ltd.
- Tunnel Engineering Consultants VOF
“We are moving ahead on delivering improvements for the thousands of people who rely on this crossing each day and for better goods movement across the region. Advancing the new tunnel will also increase trade to the United States and support a vital link to Vancouver International Airport,” provincial transportation and infrastructure minister Rob Fleming said.
The new crossing will be an eight-lane immersed tube tunnel with three general-purpose travel lanes and a dedicated transit lane in each direction and will also feature a separate multi-use path to support pedestrians, cyclists and other active transportation options. The project also includes replacing the existing Deas Slough Bridge and the addition of a southbound general-purpose lane on Highway 99 between Westminster Highway and Steveston Highway in Richmond.
Following the evaluation of submissions to the request for proposals, the province will choose the project’s design-build team with an anticipated start date of spring 2024.