HAMILTON, ONT. — The Hamilton-Halton Construction Association (HHCA) recently presented over 25 members with Safety Awards, which recognize member firms who achieved an excellent injury/frequency score in 2016/2017.
Forty-three HHCA members obtained an excellent score of one or less.
The awards were presented at the association’s 99th Annual General Meeting. They are awarded based on average hours worked.
Award winners were as follows:
- Category 1: 500,000 average hours worked and over — PCL Constructors Incorporated, Pomerleau Inc., Plan Group Inc., Safway Services Canada Inc., The State Group Inc.
- Category 2: 250,000 to 499,999 average hours worked — Alberici Constructors Ltd., Fer-Pal Construction Ltd., King Paving & Construction Company, Reimar Construction Corp., Viana Roofing & Sheet Metal Ltd., Walter Field Services Inc.
- Category 3: 100,000 to 249,999 average hours worked — Associated Paving Company Ltd., Bermingham Foundation Solutions Ltd., BML Multi Trades Group Ltd., Cahill Electric Inc., Defaveri Construction Inc., Fairway Electrical Services Inc., Gateman — Milloy Inc., Inscan Contractors Inc., L.J. Barton Mechanical Inc., Lancaster Group Inc., Mattina Mechanical Ltd., McGowan Insulations Ltd., Ron Lee Construction Inc., Scott Steel Erectors Inc., Triple Crown Enterprises Ltd.
- Category 4: 30,000 to 99,999 average hours worked — Apollo Concrete Contracting, Burlington Paving Company Ltd., Demik Construction Limited, G.S. Wark Ltd., Gen-Pro, Glenn Richardson Plumbing & Heating Ltd., Hoffer Mechanical Company Ltd., Ira McDonald Construction Ltd., John Kenyon Ltd., Pro Insul Ltd., Sobotec Ltd., Stuart Olson Construction Ltd., TRP Construction General Contractors, Wm. Groves Ltd.
- Category 5: 6,000 to 29,999 average hours worked — Corbett Contracting, ENR Roofing Inc., Hall Construction, Historia Building Restoration.