TORONTO — The Prospectors & Developers Association of Canada (PDAC) recently announced five groups have been selected to receive 2024 PDAC Awards.
The annual PDAC Awards have recognized exemplary individuals, teams and companies for their significant accomplishments in mineral exploration and development since 1977, a release said.
“The 2024 recipients continue the 46-year tradition of excellence in the PDAC Awards. Their successes are an inspiration and demonstrate the expertise, ingenuity and determination needed to find the minerals that are essential to modern life. Our awards recipients also show that, both in Canada and world-wide, mineral explorers and developers are practising innovative and effective approaches to community engagement and sustainability,” PDAC president Raymond Goldie said in the release.
The PDAC 2024 award recipients are below:
- John Burzynski and the Osisko Mining Inc. Exploration Team – Bill Dennis Award – discovery and ongoing expansion of the Windfall deposit’s Lynx gold zone located in the Abitibi greenstone belt, Eeyou Istchee James Bay, Québec.
- Wabun Tribal Council – Skookum Jim Award – development of a consistent process of engagement (The Wabun Model) that reasonably matches the lifespan of projects from mineral exploration to development.
- O3 Mining – Sustainability Award – exceptional Environmental, Social and Governance performance including the achievement of ECOLOGO Certification.
- The Lundin Group Vicuña Exploration Team – Thayer Lindsley Award
discovery of the Vicuña district in the Central Andean copper province in Argentina and Chile.
- John McConnell and the Victoria Gold Team – Viola R. MacMillan Award – For innovative financing of the Eagle Gold Mine development and production in Yukon.
Recipients will be recognized at the PDAC’s 2024 convention on March 5 during an awards gala to be held at the Fairmont Royal York in Toronto.