TORONTO — The Ontario government has released a list of 14 members named to its Construction Advisory Panel.
The committee was initially announced Sept. 26, 2019 and will meet with Minister of Labour Monte McNaughton three times a year, a release said.
The members are:
- Wayne Peterson, Construction Employers Coordinating Council of Ontario
- Graeme Aitken, Electrical Contractors Association of Ontario
- Richard Lyall, Residential Construction Council of Ontario
- Tom Howell, EllisDon
- Karen Renkema, Progressive Contractors Association of Canada
- Sandra Skivksy, Canadian Masonry Centre
- Michael Gallardo, Merit Ontario
- Patrick Dillon, Provincial Building and Construction Trades Council of Ontario
- James Barry, International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers Construction Council of Ontario
- Bruno Mandic, International Union of Painters and Allied Trades
- James St. John, Central Ontario Building Trades
- Sean McCormick, Elevators’ Union Local 50
- Joseph Mancinelli, Labourers’ International Union of North America (LIUNA)
- Merissa Preston, LIUNA Local 506.
A spokesperson for the ministry said, “Minister McNaughton has been in constant communication with members of the Construction Advisory Panel. While they are scheduled to meet three times a year, the COVID-19 outbreak has made in-person meetings a challenge. Nevertheless, the minister continues to seek guidance from members of the panel on a regular basis.”