MISSISSAUGA — Infrastructure Ontario (IO) and Metrolinx announced Oct. 21 they have awarded a contract valued at $4.6 billion to Mobilinx Hurontario General Partnership for the Hurontario LRT job in Peel Region.
The contract requires Mobilinx to design, build, finance, operate and maintain the new transit project for a 30-year term, stated a release.
Mobilinx was unveiled as the preferred proponent on Aug. 26.
Members of the Mobilinx team include:
- Applicant Lead: John Laing, Astaldi, Hitachi, Transdev, Amico Concessions, Salini Impregilo
- Construction: Astaldi, Hitachi, Amico, Bot, Salini Impregilo
- Design: IBI Group, Hitachi, Morrison Hershfield, Arcadis, Daoust Lestage, Exp
- Operation Maintenance and Rehabilitation Provider: Transdev, Hitachi, Astaldi, Salini Impregilo
- Financial Advisor: National Bank, HSBC.
Design work will begin shortly, said the statement.
The Hurontario LRT project includes 18 kilometres of new dedicated rapid transit between the Port Credit GO Station in Mississauga and the Gateway Terminal at Steeles Avenue in Brampton, 19 stops with connections to GO Transit’s Milton and Lakeshore West rail lines and a maintenance and storage facility for the light rail vehicles located south of Highway 407 and west of Kennedy Road.