TORONTO — Requests for Proposals (RFP) have been issued for two major works packages for the Ontario Line: Pape Tunnel and Underground Stations and the Elevated Guideway and Stations contracts.
Infrastructure Ontario (IO) and Metrolinx recently announced six teams have been shortlisted and invited to bid on the packages, which are being delivered using a progressive design-build delivery model.
Shortlisted teams were selected based on criteria identified in the Request for Qualifications process that began in November 2022, which included their design and construction experience.
The Ontario Line will be a 15.6 kilometre new rapid transit line in Toronto running between the Ontario Science Centre and Exhibition/Ontario Place, with 15 stations along the way.
The following teams and their prime team members were invited to respond to the RFPs for the Pape Tunnel and Underground Stations:
- Community Transit Link – STRABAG Inc. (applicant lead and construction team); and STRABAG Inc., Arup Canada Inc. (design team)
- Pape North Connect – Webuild S.p.A., FCC CONSTRUCCIÓN, S.A. (applicant leads and construction team); IBI Group Professional Services (Canada) Inc., AECOM Canada Ltd. (design team)
- Trillium Subway Partners – Acciona Infrastructure Canada Inc., Eiffage Innovative Canada Inc., Amico Infrastructures Incorporated (applicant leads); WSP Canada Inc. (Lead Designer), Typsa Canada Inc., LEA Consulting Ltd. (design team); and Acciona Infrastructure Canada Inc., Eiffage Innovative Canada Inc. (construction team)
The elevated guideway and stations teams include:
- Rail Connect Partnership – SNC-Lavalin Major Projects Inc., Bird Construction Industrial Services Ltd. (applicant leads and construction team); and T.Y. Lin International Canada Inc., Entuitive Corporation (design team)
- Transit Expansion North – Pomerleau Inc., Aecon Infrastructure Management Inc., Bouygues Travaux Publics S.A.S. (applicant leads); Parsons Inc., SYSTRA International Bridge Technologies Canada, Inc., GHD Limited (design team); and Aecon Infrastructure Management Inc., Bouygues Travaux Publics S.A.S. (construction team)
- Trillium Guideway Partners – Acciona Infrastructure Canada Inc., Amico Infrastructures Inc., Dufferin Construction Company, a division of CRH Canada Group Inc. (applicant leads and construction team); and WSP Canada Inc. (design team)
Teams will begin preparing proposals that detail how they will deliver these projects.
Proposals will be evaluated by IO and Metrolinx and the top-ranked team for each project will work collaboratively with Metrolinx during a development phase, which is expected to start in 2024.
Once the development phase is completed, Metrolinx will have the option to sign a contract with the successful team.