TORONTO — Support Ontario Youth (SOY), a group sponsor in the construction and industrial trades, has been given the greenlight to support nine more trades in the construction, industrial and motive power sectors.
“SOY has been supporting the skilled trades for almost five years, and we’re excited to be working with these additional trades,” said Huong Nguyen, director of operations, in a statement.
“Since 2018, SOY has registered over 400 new apprentices, awarded over 60 scholarships, and continues to support over 200 employers with a passionate interest in apprenticeship training. Working with these progressive employers, and the industry, we’re able to help create, and support, more opportunities for apprenticeships in Ontario.”
With help from SOY apprentices are mentored and properly supported so they can start networking within their desired trade, explains a release. There are over 200,000 jobs that need to be filled in Ontario over the next decade. The new trades under SOY’s group sponsorship offers support to industries in need of skilled trade workers.
Here is a full list of what SOY supports:
- 306A – Plumber
- 308A – Sheet Metal Worker (NEW)
- 308R – Residential (Low-rise) Sheet Metal Installer (NEW)
- 309A – Electrician – Construction and Maintenance
- 313A – Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Systems Mechanic (NEW)
- 313D – Residential Air Conditioning Systems Mechanic (NEW)
- 429A – General Machinist (NEW)
- 430A – Tool and Die Maker (NEW)
- 431A – Mould Maker (NEW)
- 442A – Industrial Electrician (NEW)
- 433A – Industrial Millwright Mechanic
- 310S – Automotive Service Technician (NEW)
comments for this post are closed