TORONTO — A male worker employed by Toronto Hydro Electric Systems Ltd. was injured and without vital signs yesterday following reports of an electrocution at a building in Toronto’s Bloor West Village.
It was reported that the worker made accidental contact with live wires in an electrical vault in the building, located at Willard Avenue and Bloor Street West. The call went out to police around 12:30 p.m. Workers from Toronto Paramedic Services attempted to resuscitate the injured worker at the scene.
The status of the worker remained unknown late in the afternoon.
The incident is being investigated as a construction incident, the Ministry of Labour reported.