MISSISSAUGA, ONT. — The Electrical Safety Authority (ESA) honoured five stakeholders with safety awards at its annual general meeting held Sept 30.
The 2021 award recipients are:
- Chief Public Safety Officer, Special Recognition Award: Dave Shanahan, honoured for his long-term commitment to occupational health and safety standards as a foundational member of the CSA Z460 electrical safety standards series;
- Worker Safety: Hydro One Networks Inc., recognized for a grassroots-led employee initiative involving the creation of the new Safety Improvement Team to improve worker safety and employee input;
- Powerline Safety: Darren Desrosiers, recognized for his contribution to developing safety standards, processes and participation on an advisory council;
- Consumer and Home Safety: Kijiji Canada, honoured for its partnership with ESA that helps educate consumers on the risks of hiring unlicensed contractors; and
- Licensed Electrical Contractor Recognition Award: T.P. Electric, recognized for revamping its health and safety program to focus on employee engagement and participation.
In addition to the awards, ESA chair Annette Bergeron and CEO and president David Collie also presented the 2020 Ontario Electrical Safety Report.