HALIFAX — The Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety (CCOHS) has announced its featured lineup of presentations for Forum 2023, The Changing World of Work, to be held Sept. 26 and 27 in Halifax.
The innovation showcase will feature seven programs:
- OHS Vulnerability Measure, by the Institute for Work and Health, measures the extent to which a worker may be vulnerable to occupational health and safety risks at work.
- Psychologically Safe Team and Psychologically Safe Leader assessment tools, by Workplace Strategies for Mental Health, help workplaces strengthen the psychological health and safety of their teams and leadership strategies.
- Health and Safety Training for Indigenous Communities, by Ulnooweg Development Group, shares examples of relevant health and safety training topics for Indigenous communities and approaches for hazard and risk management and interventions.
- SUCCEED program, from WorkSafeNB, provides immediate care and support to workers with a traumatic psychological injury.
- Nova Safe App, from the Government of Nova Scotia, provides employers, supervisors and workers with access to safety information and regulatory requirements on any device.
- International Migrant Worker Health and Safety Supports, from C.A.R.E. for International Workers Program, helps temporary foreign workers understand and exercise their rights, and supports overall health and wellness.
- Silica Control Tool, Pilot Program for Construction Industry, is a web-based occupational disease prevention tool co-developed by the Occupational Health Clinics for Ontario Workers.
More information about Forum 2023 is available the CCOHS website.