Skip to Content
View site list

Profile

Pre-Bid Projects

Pre-Bid Projects

Click here to see Canada’s most comprehensive listing of projects in conceptual and planning stages

US News

Ritchie wraps largest ever NW auction

DCN-JOC News Services
Ritchie wraps largest ever NW auction

CHEHALIS, WASH. — Ritchie Bros. has concluded its largest auction of construction equipment ever in the Pacific northwest, selling 3,700 items from five locations in one online auction and generating $50 million US in gross transaction value.

The Dec. 21 event attracted 8,200 bidders from 40 countries with approximately 95 per cent of the equipment purchased by U.S. buyers including 33 per cent sold to Washington buyers, 22 per cent to Oregon and eight per cent to California. The remaining five per cent of the equipment was sold to international buyers.

The five big sellers were a 2008 Liebherr LTM11130-5.1 143-ton 10x10x6 all-terrain crane for US$400,000, a 2019 John Deere 950K LGP dozer for $390,000, a 2017 Komatsu PC800LC-8EO VG hydraulic excavator for $390,000, a 2020 Komatsu HM400-5 articulated dump truck for $340,000 and a 2017 KPI-JCI FT2650 jaw crushing plant for $305,000.

Approximately 88 per cent of the assets in the auction were sold from Ritchie Bros.’ permanent site in Chehalis, Wash., while the remaining 12 per cent was sold from yards in Spokane, Wash., Billings, Mont., Lake Point, Utah, and Wasilla, Alaska.

Equipment highlights in the Pacific Northwest event included 180 excavators, 175 truck tractors, 70 aerial work platforms, 45 wheel loaders and 35 dozers.

Recent Comments

Your comment will appear after review by the site.

You might also like