Waste Water Treatment Plant Phase I Upgrades
- Tender # 2019-13E
- Publication Date:
- Sault Ste. Marie, ON
- Bid Date:
CC Reference: 3417422
CORPORATION OF THE CITY OF SAULT STE. MARIE
CONTRACT NO. 2019-13E
Sault Ste. Marie West End Waste
Water Treatment Plant Phase I Upgrades
SEALED TENDERS, plainly marked as to contents, in the Corporation of the City of Sault Ste. Marie tender envelopes provided, will be received from Pre-Qualified General Contractors by the City Clerk, 4th Floor, 99 Foster Drive, Civic Centre, Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario, P6A 5X6, until 2:00 p.m., LOCAL TIME on:
Tuesday April 7, 2020
for the construction of the works described below.
On the same day, commencing at 2:15 p.m. LOCAL TIME, the bids will be opened and read publicly in the Korah Room of the Civic Centre, 99 Foster Drive.
The work consists generally of the supplying of all equipment, labour and materials necessary for the construction of the following:
- Building a new septage unloading station;
- Building a new headworks building;
- Removal of various process equipment throughout the plant;
- Installation of preselected process equipment;
- Upgrades to the existing sludge dewatering building;
- Upgrades to mechanical equipment, including replacement of air handling units, ducting, adding new odour removal fans and stacks;
- Upgrades and repairs to various structural, architectural and electrical components of existing facilities;
- Installation of two new walk-in backup generators;
- Constructing an above grade glass lined steel tank on a circular concrete base with all required ancillary equipment;
- Various road, fencing, and site civil works; and
- Coordination of the upgrades with the operators to maintain full operations at the plant
Digital tender documents may be obtained online following the completion of a registration process. To register as a plan taker and for all inquiries related to this tender please contact Mr. Bander Abou Taka, P.Eng. by email only at Bander.AbouTaka@aecom.com
Hard copies of plans, specifications and tender forms may be obtained from AECOM, for a non-refundable fee of $750.00 (includes taxes) cash or cheque only.
Tenders must be accompanied with a tender deposit in the form of a bid bond or certified cheque in the amount of 10% of the tendered value. The successful tenderer will be required to provide a 100% Performance Bond and 50% Labour and Material Payment Bond upon execution of the Contract.
A mandatory pretender site meeting for the prequalified General Contractors will be held at 9:00:00 AM, March 16, 2020 at the West End WWTP located at 55 Allen’s Side Road in Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario.
Tenders are subject to the City receiving all necessary approvals and a formal contract being prepared and executed. The Corporation of the City of Sault Ste Marie reserves the right to reject any or all bids and the lowest or any tender will not necessarily be accepted.
Catherine Taddo, P. Eng.
Land Development and Environmental Engineer
Public Works and Engineering Services
CITY OF SAULT STE. MARIE
99 Foster Drive, Sault Ste. Marie, ON P6A 5X6