CHICAGO — Hyatt Hotels Corporation has expanded upon previously announced plans to significantly increase its presence in Canada, announcing on May 14 it will open 22 new hotels across the country by the end of 2022.
Newly announced properties include three hotels in downtown Niagara Falls — a dual-branded Hyatt Centric Niagara Falls and Hyatt Regency Niagara Falls project, with 150 guestrooms and 350 guestrooms respectively, and the 200-room Hyatt Place Niagara Falls.
The new hotels include branding across Hyatt’s product line including the first Hyatt House and Hyatt Centric hotels in Canada as well as Hyatt Regency, Park Hyatt, Andaz and Hyatt Place.
The new-build Hyatt Centric and Hyatt Regency project in Niagara Falls will be situated immediately opposite the Fallsview Casino, the Skylon Tower and a 5,000-seat performing arts center that is currently under construction. The properties are owned and will be operated by Fallsview Group and are slated to open in 2022.
Hyatt Place Niagara Falls will be connected to the Scotiabank Convention Centre off Stanley Avenue and near the tourist district of Clifton Hill. Slated to open in 2022, the property is owned and will be operated by Fallsview Group.
Other Hyatt properties scheduled to open in the next four years include:
- Hyatt Place Mississauga Centre in Mississauga
- Hyatt House Winnipeg South West in Winnipeg
- Park Hyatt Toronto (reopening after renovation) in Toronto
- Hyatt Place Kelowna in Kelowna, B.C.
- Hyatt Place Winnipeg Downtown in Winnipeg
- Hyatt Place Moncton in Moncton, N.B.
- Hyatt Place Brampton in Brampton, Ont.
- Hyatt Place/Hyatt House Edmonton Downtown in Edmonton
- Hyatt Place Ottawa — Bells Corners in Ottawa
- Hyatt Place / Hyatt House Mississauga — Airport Corporate Centre
Hyatt Place Toronto — Oakville East
- Hyatt House Hamilton/McMaster University
- Hyatt House Toronto — Mississauga Centre
- Hyatt Place Vancouver Airport
- Hyatt Place Toronto International Airport
- Hyatt Place/Hyatt House at Canada’s Wonderland in Vaughan, Ont.
- Hyatt Place Toronto — Downtown/Jarvis Street
- Hyatt Place/Hyatt House Ottawa Byward Market
- Andaz Toronto — Yorkville in Toronto
Hyatt is headquartered in Chicago. As of March 31, the Company’s portfolio included more than 850 properties in over 60 countries across six continents.