RICHMOND HILL, ONT.—Those with unique and innovative ideas are being invited to submit an application for a chance to win the Toronto Construction Association’s (TCA) 2021 Innovative Product Award.
Submissions will be accepted until Nov. 12 at 11:59 p.m. EST.
The Innovative Product Award (formerly known as TIPTA) was established by the TCA in 1994 and is open to any supplier who can demonstrate the development and/or the use of innovative technologies in their respective industries. It’s an opportunity for businesses to showcase products and services at the new virtual Buildings Week, comprised of The Buildings Show/Construct Canada, PM Expo, HomeBuilder & Renovator Expo and World of Concrete Toronto Pavilion, and BUILDEX Alberta, states a TCA release.
The following are the eligibility requirements and conditions:
- the proposed technology must not have been the subject of an application for this award before;
- the applicant must be the current owner of the related intellectual property (IP) or technology, or the initiator of any related IP application, and be capable of showing evidence of no patent infringement;
- research and development of the technology must have started no more than three years before;
- significant modifications of an existing technology to accommodate new applications are eligible; and
- any dispute will be subject to decisions of the judges.
The first-place winner of the Innovative Product Award will receive a $5,000 cheque, a press release issued to local media and a TCA membership valid for one year.
The membership includes a full page advertisement and classified listing in the annual publication of the Construction Book; an electronic listing in the TCA’s online directory; a press release announcing the winner in the monthly e-connect newsletter; and second and third place winners will be profiled in TCA’s quarterly magazine, The Builders’ Digest.
The award technical criteria will allow the applicant to demonstrate innovation by describing the development and/or the application of a new and unique technology (associated with any activity within the construction and property management industries) or a new and unique application or adaptation of an existing technology, states the release.
The application is available at https://informacanada.formstack.com/forms/ipa2021.