LOUISVILLE, KY. – Equipment trade show and conference Equip Exposition is marking its 40th anniversary with the Equip Expo event in 2023 in Louisville, Kentucky.
The expo will take place from Oct. 17 to 20 and will expand this year into the west wing of the Kentucky Exposition Center (KEC).
It will feature “advanced education, additional entertainment and events including a new arena concert…and improved logistics and food options,” an Equip Exposition release said.
“Equip Exposition has evolved into a unique, week-long experience for a range of interconnected businesses including outdoor power equipment, landscaping, hardscaping, tree care, design, lighting, irrigation and more, and just like our industry is ever-evolving, so is the trade show that serves them,” Outdoor Power Equipment president Kris Kiser said in the release.
The institute owns and manages the trade show.
Show attendees each year gain access to “the latest equipment, technology and software, as well as education and connection with their peers, but they should also expect new and improved experiences.” Kiser said. “So when attendees speak, we listen. Our philosophy is ‘same show, new show, every year.’”
Equip Exposition’s 2022 show was the largest in its history, he added.
“We sold every inch of both indoor and outdoor exhibit space last year, and, in fact, had a waiting list. I encourage anyone seeking to participate in this year’s show to act quickly. In fact, book your hotel room early. If you’re going to fly, book it today. I can’t stress this enough,” Kiser said.
2023 show highlights include:
- A new arena concert at the Yum! Center featuring headline band, Third Eye Blind
• A return of the New Product Showcase
• A welcome party at the downtown Kentucky International Convention Center (adjacent to the downtown Marriott and Hyatt hotels) with a concert from Expo house band, The Crashers
• A keynote speech by Polar Explorer Ben Saunders who completed the longest-ever polar journey on foot
• The debut of the Equip Exposition Equipment Museum
• The addition of a business lounge, meeting spaces and expanded seating areas at the KEC.
• Landscape education for young people sponsored by the TurfMutt Foundation. Children ages 12 and up may attend the show.
• Improved shuttle bus, rideshare and transportation logistics.
• More coffee shops and food offerings on-site, including breakfast options.
Reality shows Lucky Dog and Mission Unpossible also shot episodes at the 2022 show, Kizer said, and those episodes will air in February, March and April, Kiser said.
Registration for Equip Exposition 2023 opens in April. More information is available at www.equipexposition.com.