OTTAWA – The Royal Architectural Institute of Canada (RAIC) has announced its new digital contracts platform is live.
Launched Sept. 13 the platform replaces the previous process of manual downloads of individual contracts.
“The digital platform was designed to streamline the preparation and execution of the RAIC contract documents and offer architects a modern and simple contract document management system that reduces risk and delays,” an RAIC release stated.
The new platform has the functionality to issue supplemental agreements and gives architects and clients the ability to use digital signatures to expedite commencement of design, the release said.
“I’m excited about the new electronic RAIC contracts. The useful guidance is now immediately adjacent to the contract form. Choices you make for services, insurance etc. immediately strike through or remove the then-irrelevant clauses,” said RAIC Syllabus National Advisory Council member Brian Oakley in a statement.
The RAIC site stated digital contracts are designed to be “clear, easy to understand and most importantly, save you time.”
The contracts available are:
- RAIC Document 6 – 2022 Canadian Standard Form of Contract for Architect’s Services
- RAIC Document 6SA – 2022 Supplemental Agreement Form for Document 6
- RAIC Document 8 – 2022 Canadian Standard Form of Master Contract for Architect’s Services
- RAIC Document 8SO – 2022 Service Order Form for Document 8
- RAIC Document 9 – 2022 Canadian Standard Form of Contract between Architect and Consultant
- RAIC Document 9SA – 2022 Supplemental Agreement Form for Document 9
The RAIC stated on its site new specialized editions of Documents 6 related to BIM and climate action will be available in late 2022 or early 2023.
comments for this post are closed