EDMONTON — PCL Construction recently announced the Northern Alberta Institute of Technology (NAIT) student recipients of the 2020 PCL Century of Construction Excellence Awards.
The awards are $2,000 scholarships presented annually to students enrolled in apprenticeship, technology, and degree programs at NAIT.
Selection for each scholarship is made on the basis of top academic achievement, career interests and a demonstrated leadership in the community or at NAIT, indicates a release.
This year’s recipients are:
- Paige Busenius – Construction Engineering Technology
- Addison Hiller – Civil Engineering Technology
- Alexander Krevenky – Millwright
- Wayne Morrissey – Bachelor of Applied Information Systems Technology – Information Systems
- Flex Nukem – Boilermaker
- Bernadine Otieno – Construction Engineering Technology
- Kyra Dutton-Piskorik – Mechanical Engineering Technology
- Cody Tugwell-Seames – Mobile Crane and Hoisting
- Ishan Sharma – Bachelor of Technology in Construction Management
- Nikhil Sharma – Electrical Engineering Technology
- Martin Sims – Welding
- Noah Zimmerman – Electrician
- Neil Bernard – Ironworker
- Zachery Kindt – Carpentry
- Haley Hearn – Steamfitter/Pipefitter
- Donald Szeto – Network Engineering Technology
“Thank you to PCL for awarding me with the PCL Century of Construction Excellence Award, giving me the means to achieve and persevere,” said Morrissey, one of the award winners, in a statement. “Both the financial support and the recognition received with this award has given me the confidence to continue down this career path even through the unexpected COVID-19 crisis.”