TORONTO — The Gordie Howe International Bridge, the Ontario Court of Justice – Toronto and the South Niagara Hospital are among nine major infrastructure projects shortlisted for the Canadian Council for Public-Private Partnership’s (CCPPP) 2023 National Awards for Innovation and Excellence.
The awards celebrate and recognize Canada’s cutting-edge infrastructure projects involving public sector entities like governments and educational institutions partnering with the private sector, states a release. Winners will be announced at the P3 National Awards Gala Luncheon on the final day of the CCPPP’s annual conference on Tuesday, Nov. 14 in Toronto.
Individual leaders in the sector are also celebrated in the Champion Awards, which will be announced at the luncheon.
This year, the council has retooled its project award categories to better reflect the changing dynamics of Canada’s P3 infrastructure pipeline and to highlight the need to create better, more resilient and longer lasting infrastructure for our communities, the release indicates.
The shortlisted projects include:
- Ontario Line – Rolling Stock, Systems, Operations and Maintenance Contract – Partners: Metrolinx, Infrastructure Ontario and Connect 6ix General Partnership (Plenary Americas, Hitachi Rail, Webuild Group, Transdev Canada, IBI Professional Services (Canada) Inc., NGE Contracting Inc., National Bank Financial Inc., and Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation).
- Ontario Line – South Civil, Stations and Tunnel Contract – Partners: Metrolinx, Infrastructure Ontario and Ontario Transit Group (Ferrovial Construction Canada Inc., VINCI Construction Grands Projets, AECOM Canada Ltd., COWI North America Ltd., GHD Limited, SENER Group, Janin Atlas Inc., and Agentis Capital).
- South Niagara Hospital – Partners: Niagara Health, Infrastructure Ontario and EllisDon Infrastructure Healthcare (EllisDon Corporation, EllisDon Capital Inc., EllisDon Infrastructure Healthcare, EllisDon Facilities Services Inc., and Parkin Architects Limited).
- Thunder Bay Correctional Complex – Partners: Infrastructure Ontario, Ontario Ministry of the Solicitor General and EllisDon Infrastructure Justice (EllisDon Capital Inc., EllisDon Corporation, Zeidler Architecture Inc., DLR Group, and EllisDon Facilities Services Inc.).
P3 Design and Construction
- Highway 104 Sutherlands River to Antigonish Twinning Project – Partners: Nova Scotia Department of Public Works and Dexter Nova Alliance GP (Municipal Enterprises Limited, Nova Construction Co. Ltd., BBGI SICAV S.A., DNA Design Build Limited, a joint venture between Dexter Construction Company Limited and Nova Construction Co.; and DNA Operations Limited, a joint venture between Municipal Enterprises Limited and Nova Construction Co. Ltd.).
- Ontario Court of Justice – Toronto – Partners: Infrastructure Ontario, Ontario Ministry of the Attorney General and EllisDon Infrastructure (EllisDon Capital Inc., EllisDon Design Build Inc., Renzo Piano Building Workshop, NORR Limited, EllisDon Facilities Services Inc. and SNC-Lavalin O&M Inc.).
Environmental, Social and Governance
- Forensic Services and Coroners Complex – Partners: Infrastructure Ontario, Ontario Ministry of the Solicitor General and CSS (FSCC) Partnership (Concert Infrastructure Ltd., Concert Infrastructure Fund and Dexterra Group).
- Gordie Howe International Bridge – Partners: Windsor-Detroit Bridge Authority and Bridging North America General Partnership (ACS Infrastructure Canada Inc., Fluor Canada Ltd. and Aecon Concessions).
- Library and Archives Canada’s Gatineau 2 Project – Partners: Library and Archives Canada, Public Services and Procurement Canada and Plenary Properties Gatineau (Plenary Americas, PCL Investments Canada Inc., PCL Constructors Eastern Inc., B+H Architects, and EQUANS).
South Niagara Hospital – Partners: Niagara Health, Infrastructure Ontario and EllisDon Infrastructure Healthcare (EllisDon Corporation, EllisDon Capital Inc., EllisDon Infrastructure Healthcare, EllisDon Facilities Services Inc., and Parkin Architects Limited).