TORONTO—Three teams have prequalified to design, build, finance and maintain the new South Niagara Hospital project in Niagara Falls, Ont.
The announcement was made by Infrastructure Ontario (IO) and Niagara Health July 21. The new hospital will be located at Biggar Road and Montrose Road, just off the Queen Elizabeth Way and will centralize services from existing facilities in one location.
Teams were prequalified based on criteria identified in a request for qualifications process, launched in February, which included design, construction and facilities management capability, experience, qualified personnel and financial capacity to undertake a project of this size and scope.
The prequalified teams are:
EllisDon Infrastructure Healthcare
- Applicant lead: EllisDon Corporation
- Design team: Parkin Architects Limited
- Construction team: EllisDon Corporation
- Facilities management: EllisDon Facilities Services
- Financial adviser: EllisDon Capital Inc.
Niagara Care Partners
- Applicant leads: Amico Concessions Inc, Sacyr Concesiones, S.l., and SNC-Lavalin Capital Inc.
- Design team: IBI Group Architects (Canada) Inc.
- Construction team: Sacyr Construccion, S.A and Amico Design Build Inc.
- Facilities management: Sacyr Concesiones, S.L, SNC-Lavalin O&M Inc, and Amico Concessions Inc.
- Financial adviser: MUFG Bank Ltd
Plenary PCL Niagara Health
- Applicant leads: Plenary Americas LP and PCL Investments Inc.
- Design team: Cannon Design Ltd.
- Construction team: PCL Constructors Canada Inc.
- Facilities management: Johnson Controls Canada L.P
- Financial adviser: Plenary Americas LP
A request for proposals is expected to be issued to the prequalified teams later this year, states a release. The successful team is expected to be announced in late 2022. The procurement process will be overseen by a fairness monitor.